Setting up the workflow is easy, you just need to follow these steps:-
Download and install the workflow
Download the workflow
Open spotifyminiplayer.alfredworkflow by double-clicking it or dragging it into Alfred.
Create a Spotify Application
Create an application on Spotify (this is for both free and premium users)
- Click on Create an App :-
- Step 1: Set App or Hardware Name and App or Hardware Description as following, and select Desktop App :-
- Step 2: Respond with No :-
- Step 3: Tick all the boxes and click on Submit :-
- On the application page, click on Edit Settings :-
- Redirect URI must be set to
http://localhost:15298/callback.php, then click Add, and then click Save :-
Warning: Make sure you’ve clicked Save button once you set the Redirect URI
- The Client ID and Client Secret (needed in next steps) are then available :-
if you’re using a firewall or a software that blocks communication, note that you’ll have to unblock the following domains to use the workflow:-
https://api.spotify.com (for interaction with Spotify)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com (for downloading new release from Packal)
https://github.com/ (for downloading images when changing theme)
http://api.stathat.com (for statistics)
https://transfer.sh (for DEBUG Zip file)
if you’re using a proxy, don’t forget to enable this option in Alfred preferences:-
- If you use a proxy, make sure to activate Use macOS http proxy settings for scripts in Advanced tab of Alfred Settings
Create the library
Invoke the workflow (with keyword
spot_mini, or with an hotkey )
Follow the steps as below by copy/pasting the Client ID and Client Secret into Alfred window when asked:
Invoke the workflow again and select Authenticate with Spotify, your web browser will open and you’ll be prompted to login with Spotify and allow access to your application. At the end you should see a message like this:-
Hello xxx ! You are now successfully logged and you can close this window.
Warning: If you have troubles with authentication using Chrome, make sure you disable Wappalyzer extension if you use it, or use Safari as default browser for the time of authentication process.
Invoke the workflow again and Create the library.
You can check progress by invoking the workflow again:-
- After some time, you should get a notification saying that library has been created.
- Then you can use and enjoy the workflow. The artworks are downloaded in the background, you should get a notification when background download starts:-
- During that time, you can use the workflow (you’ll see the progress at the top of main menu), and you can see some blank artworks:-