Setting up the workflow is easy, you just need to follow these steps:-
Download and install the workflow
Download the workflow
Open spotifyminiplayer.alfredworkflow by double-clicking it or dragging it into Alfred.
Create a Spotify Application
Create an application on Spotify (this is for both free and premium users)
- Click on Create an App :-
- Step 1: Set App or Hardware Name and App or Hardware Description as following, and select Desktop App :-
- Step 2: Respond with No :-
- Step 3: Tick all the boxes and click on Submit :-
- On the application page, click on Edit Settings :-
- Redirect URI must be set to
http://localhost:15298/callback.php, then click Add, and then click Save :-
Warning: Make sure you’ve clicked Save button once you set the Redirect URI
- The Client ID and Client Secret (needed in next steps) are then available :-
if you’re using a firewall or a software that blocks communications, note that you’ll have to unblock the following domains to use the workflow:-
https://api.spotify.com (for interaction with Spotify)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com (for downloading new release from web site)
https://github.com/ (for downloading images when changing theme)
http://api.stathat.com (for statistics)
if you’re using a proxy, don’t forget to enable this option in Alfred preferences, except for the time of authentication, it must be disabled :-
- Wappalyzer browser extension interfere with authentication process: make sure to disable it during time of authentication.
Create the library
Invoke the workflow (with keyword
spot_mini, or highly recommended with an hotkey )
Follow the steps as below by copy/pasting the Client ID and Client Secret into Alfred window when asked:
Invoke the workflow again and select Authenticate with Spotify, Google Chrome or Firefox (Safari is not working for authentication) will open and you’ll be prompted to login with Spotify and allow access to your application. At the end you should see a message like this:-
Hello xxx ! You are now successfully logged and you can close this window.
Invoke the workflow again and Create the library.
You can check progress by invoking the workflow again:-
- After some time, you should get a notification saying that library has been created.
- Then you can use and enjoy the workflow. The artworks are downloaded in the background, you should get a notification when background download starts:-
- During that time, you can use the workflow (you’ll see the progress at the top of main menu), and you can see some blank artworks:-